For those of you living in San Francisco, enjoy this Indian Summer while it lasts, but prepare for the drops and changes in temperature that often leave people catching frequent colds and flus!
Acupuncture, Cupping, and Chinese Herbal Medicine have shown to strengthen the immune system and help provide you with the best line of defense against the upcoming cold and flu season!
Here are some Fall Tips!
1. Wear a scarf! Wearing a scarf around your neck to protect you from changes in weather and harmful external factors such as wind, cold, and damp.
2. Sweat it out! If you feel a little achy, go to the gym, and sit in a sauna or steam room for 10 minutes. Don't wait a few days, as this should only be done during the early signs before your whole body is weakened!
3. Come in and get CUPPED! Cupping helps to bring those harmful external factors you've incurred up to the surface of your skin and release them before they go deeper into the body having a larger affect on the lungs and sinuses!
4. Pick up an HERBAL PRESCRIPTION from me! Chinese herbs are extremely effective at nipping colds and flus in the butt quickly!
5. Get ACUPUNCTURE!!! Acupuncture strengthens the immune system and helps you to fight any pathogenic factors!
6. Drink lots of fluids!
7. Stay away from mucus forming foods like sugar, white flours, fried foods, and dairy products.
8. Take advantage of dark leafy greens and bright orange vegetables that are rich in Vitamin C and Beta-carotene. These include Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Kale, Carrots, broccoli, mustard greens, and more. Eat them warm by steaming, sauteeing, or roasting. Make veggies broths and stews.
9. Exercise but be sure to dress for it if you go outside! Be sure to take time to REST! Watch football :) Preserve your energy to help build your "WEI QI", aka Immune System, back up again!
Often times, if you address your initial symptoms of chills, body aches, and overall weakness, you're more than likely to recover quickly so you don't have to spend the next week in bed!